Volo is the largest adult social sports network in the United States, entertaining over 240,000 players in 8 cities nationwide. We provide year-round sports, fitness, tournaments and social activities to adults 21+. When adults register through Volo, they Play it Forward…helping to create free youth leagues in their communities via the Volo Kids Foundation. With the help of our adult leagues and local community partners, the Volo Kids Foundation has enabled over 9,000 children across the country to play at zero cost to them or their families.
Choose wisely. Choose Volo.
Role: Marketing & Social Media Internship
Job Type: Seasonal
Position Location: Denver or San Francisco
Job Description: Volo City is looking for outgoing individuals to join our marketing team as a Regional Sports Marketing Intern! At Volo City, we’re constantly looking for new ways to get people excited about having more fun in our markets. In this position, you will play a vital role in social media development, marketing strategy, email marketing techniques and more. You will also have the creative freedom to develop various types of content creation, social media execution, and brand development.
- Help execute social media marketing campaigns and strategies through Facebook, Instagram, your city’s blog, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest and more!
- Develop content for social media and blog with a heavy emphasis on content marketing
- Assist with email marketing design, strategies, and execution
- Execute digital sponsorship activations
- Design and implement on-field marketing plans for Volo City sports leagues
- Strategize, develop and coordinate local grassroots marketing opportunities
- Collaborate with the local market to curate new and innovative marketing initiatives
- Assist with tabling events at various apartments, gyms, coworking spaces & more
DESIRED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with social media, email marketing, and content development
- Self-starter, well-spoken, outgoing
- Detail-oriented, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Creative, ambitious and desire to learn!
- A passion for sports and community is a plus
- Graphic design experience is a plus
- Start date: Spring 2020
TO APPLY: Email resume to Chelsie at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sports Marketing Intern” in the Subject Line.
Volo City is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Volo City does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Volo City also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.