Men’s 9 v 9 & Coed 10 v 10 (7 Males Max on the field)
- Rule number one – Be nice!
- 6 players minimum to start game (must have 1 female for coed)
- Bats provided at leagues, but you are welcome to bring your own
- Bats must be ASA, USSA or NSA certified
- Gloves ARE NOT PROVIDED. Please bring your own
- Walks are 1 base
- AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH GAME both teams MUST submit a written list of their batting order to the ump
- NO bunting – bunts are a foul ball (at the ref’s discretion)
- 2 fouls is an out
- Ball should be thrown between 6 ft. (min) to 16 ft. (max) measured from the ground
- If the ball is between the 6’ to 16’ range and hits home plate or the strike mat, then it is a strike
- (COED ONLY) A male will receive 2 bases when walked ONLY if a female is next to bat regardless of whether bases are occupied or not.
- ALL batters WILL START WITH A 1-1 COUNT
- Sliding is ALLOWED, Any slide that results in excessive contact with the defensive player will result in the runner being called out (at the ref’s discretion)
- 6 innings in a game
- UNLESS we reach the 50 minute warning: then both teams will be warned and the start the of next inning will be the FINAL inning
- In the final inning, the losing team bats first
- *Weekend Leagues Only* – 7 innings or one hour, whichever comes first
- Mercy Rule – lessens the chance of having blowouts early in the games (boring for everyone)
- Max. 6 runs can be scored per inning (EXCEPT the last inning – no limit)
- Games CAN end in a tie during the regular season
- An extra inning will be played in the event of a tie game. (Only in playoffs)
- If the game is still tied after that extra inning then the team that reached the furthest base wins.
- NO stealing, CANNOT leave his/her base until the pitched ball is hit. NO pick off attempts
- Ball is DEAD on a pitch once it hits the ground (or a player)
- Overthrow rule: If the ball is deemed out of play or unplayable, ALL runners are awarded 1 base from the base LAST possessed, upon release of the throw, if the ball is OVERTHROWN and REMAINS in play, the game continues
League wide policies:
- Teams without the minimum number of players will forfeit after 10 minutes from their designated start time
- Playoffs ONLY – At the beginning of each game, both teams MUST submit a written batting order to the ref
*Forfeit Rule*: All teams make the playoffs at the end of the season, unless you forfeit twice within the regular season.