Basic Rules – 7 v 7 including goalies
- Rule number one – Be nice!
- 5 males max. on field
- Minimum 4 players to play
- 20 minutes per half, no overtime
- NO OFFSIDES!
Substitutions: Dead balls or on the fly with the permission of the referee.
Slide Tackling: NOT Permitted
- May be grounds for a caution or sending off
- Players may slide when not creating a dangerous play, i.e. sliding to keep a ball in play
- Must wear a contrasting colored shirt to separate them from the rest of the team.
- Must have a safe zone – no player should make contact with them at any time.
- May NOT handle a kick in by their team with their own hands UNLESS touched by an opposing player on the way in.
- Must be conducted near the spot the ball left the field with both feet touching the ground and proper form of both hands coming from behind the head in a forward motion.
- Players will be given one re-try to correct a throw in (at the discretion of the ref) – if it is still a bad throw, the opposing team will get the ball.
- Free kicks will be indirect unless otherwise specified by the referee.
- All players conducting free kicks are allowed a 7 pace distance by the opposing team
Cautions and Dismissals
- Yellow Card: 5 minute penalty for that player only (even if a goal is scored)
- Red Card: team plays one player down for the rest of the match. Dismissed player may stay at field – if he/she behaves – Most likely comes with a suspension from the league
Playoffs: Will be roster checked, No subs. If game ends in a tie in playoffs, game goes straight to PKs, 4 per team
- Ref will do a coin toss/rock paper scissors- winner decides whether to kick first or second
- The spot the kick is taken varies by field- 10 steps/yards out
- If tied at the end of 4 kicks, teams go one-for-one, alternating until one team makes a goal and the other misses *Gender does not matter*
- All players, including the goalie, must kick before a player can take a 2nd shot
League wide policies:
- Teams without the minimum number of players will forfeit after 10 minutes from their designated start time
*Forfeit Rule*: All teams make the playoffs at the end of the season, unless you forfeit twice within the regular season.