Captain’s Reference Sheet – Glow Kickball
Basic Rules – 10 v 10
- Rule number one – Don’t be a D-bag!
- 6 players minimum to play (must have at least 3 girls)
- If a team can field 6 players but are short one girl, they can continue to play but will be required to take an automatic out at the end of every batting order until they can meet the gender requirements
- If only 2 females are present the team must take an out when it comes to the bottom of the batting order.
- No more than 6 males on the field at once
- Each player is required to kick
- All players must be on the official SF Social roster for playoff games
Length of the Game
- Games will be played to 6 innings or 45 minutes, whichever comes first
- Games can end in a tie in the regular season
- If two teams are tied after the completion of their game in the playoffs then the two teams will go to extra innings.
- The first extra inning each team will be allowed to field 10 players.
- Each subsequent inning teams must remove 1 player from the field maintaining the gender requirements. If the game continues through 3 extra innings teams will play with 6 players on the field until the game is decided.
- Teams will be given 10 minutes from their scheduled game time to field a team with at least the requirements of a minimum team. If a team cannot meet the team requirements after 10 minutes the game will be counted as a forfeit.
- All players must kick.
- Teams must keep a consistent line-up each time through their kicking order.
- Players cannot take more than 1 step to kick the ball.
- Players cannot pass the kick line (cone indicators) or it will be deemed as a foul ball.
- 3 fouls is an out
- No balls or strikes
- No bunting.
- A bunt is defined at the ref’s discretion.
- If the light in the ball goes out mid air, the kicker gets a re-kick.
- Any overthrown ball at 1st and 3rd base will only allow base runners to advance 1 single base.
- When throwing a ball, players must throw with two hands.
- Players may NOT throw a ball at a runner, if a runner is hit with a thrown ball they will advance one base
- There is no leading off or stealing.
- There is no tagging up and advancing on caught balls by the defense. The offensive player must return to the previous base safely and then the play is dead.
- If a team scores 5 runs in one inning they will end their turn at bat.
- The last inning of the game will be played with unlimited runs.