SF Soccer Leagues
Lace up your cleats and kick the ball around in a SF Social soccer league! PSF Social offers coed soccer leagues throughout various San Francisco neighborhoods and surrounding areas, such as Golden Gate Park, Mission Bay and beyond, so you can play soccer close to work or home! Join one of our weekday or weekend coed leagues to show off your soccer moves and have a great time.
After your game, keep the fun going and head over to your sponsor bar for a post-game beer! We pride ourselves on making sure that you don’t have to worry about anything except having a good time and meeting new people.
Upcoming Soccer Leagues in San Francisco
Check Out These Other Soccer Leagues Hosted by Norcal Athletics!
How to Sign Up
- Minimum for a full 7v7 soccer team is 12 players. Minimum for a full 10v10 soccer team is 15 players. If you do not meet this minimum free agents will be added to your team.
- The captain creates a team and teammates “join” the team. The captain can pay for everyone or players can pay individually.
- You can sign up with friends even if you do not have a full team!
- The captain should click “create team” & note estimated players.
- Teammates join that “team.”
- Once registration is closed, we will combine your group with other small groups and free-agents.
- Signing up as a free agent is the best way to meet people in San Francisco!
- We will place you with a small group and/or other free agents to form a full team after registration closes.
- If you have a friend that decides to sign up just have them note to be put on the same team as you!
- Certified referees
- 5-6 week season plus playoffs
- All outdoor leagues on premium turf fields
- Click here for a full list of rules
If Divisional League – Captains select level at registration
- Level A – Experienced players.
- Level B – Looking to have fun and develop skills.
Players registered with SF Social enjoy player perks such as:
- Team T-Shirts
- End of Season Free Beer Party
- Special Sponsor Opportunities (see what can happen in our leagues!)
- Invitation to all Volo City Events
Post Game Social
We are known as the most social league in SF and that’s because we care about the bar experience!
What to expect at the bar
- Food & Drink Specials
- Dedicated space & reserved tables for your league
- League staff at the bar
- When possible, multiple sports will go to the same bar so you can meet lots of new people!
SF Social Soccer FAQ
What can I expect at an SF Social soccer league?
A premiere, FUN experience! Plan to arrive at the field 10-15 minutes before game time to meet up with your teammates and get ready to play in your SF Social soccer league. 4v4 and futsal soccer leagues will consist of two 20-minute halves. 7v7 games consist of two 24-minutes halves. The clock will run continuously, unless in the case of serious injury. Games will have a 2-5 minute half time.
Once your game ends, the night is just beginning. Head to your sponsor bar for drink specials and a chance to meet everyone in your league.
How competitive are the soccer leagues?
Our soccer leagues are all about meeting new people, having a good time, and working up a sweat. We also offer a variety of divisions. Check each league for specific information on the SF Social soccer page or shoot us an email if you have questions!
How many people do I need for a full soccer team?
Please view the roster size chart for specific roster size requirements.
How much does it cost to join SF Social soccer?
You can expect your SF Social soccer league to be anywhere from $109-$115 per player for the entire season. Registration fees are dependent on location and day of the week, so be sure to check the league details carefully. After you sign up, everything else is taken care of for you. Your registration includes league shirt, referees, venue costs, insurance, equipment, prizes, league management and so much more!
Don’t forget, when you sign up with SF Social, your league registration helps provide free youth sports programs in San Francisco through the Volo City Kids Foundation. #playwithpurpose
What are the SF Social soccer gender requirements?
Please view the full soccer rules page for specific gender requirements.
SF Social Rules
Basic Rules – 7 v 7 including goalies
- Rule number one – Be nice!
- 5 males max. on field
- Minimum 4 players to play
- 24 minutes per half, no overtime
- NO OFFSIDES!
Substitutions: Dead balls or on the fly with the permission of the referee.
Slide Tackling: NOT Permitted
- May be grounds for a caution or sending off
- Players may slide when not creating a dangerous play, i.e. sliding to keep a ball in play
- Must wear a contrasting colored shirt to separate them from the rest of the team.
- Must have a safe zone – no player should make contact with them at any time.
- May NOT handle a kick in by their team with their own hands UNLESS touched by an opposing player on the way in.
- Must be conducted near the spot the ball left the field with both feet touching the ground and proper form of both hands coming from behind the head in a forward motion.
- Players will be given one re-try to correct a throw in (at the discretion of the ref) – if it is still a bad throw, the opposing team will get the ball.
- Free kicks will be indirect unless otherwise specified by the referee.
- All players conducting free kicks are allowed a 7 pace distance by the opposing team
Cautions and Dismissals
- Yellow Card: 5 minute penalty for that player only (even if a goal is scored)
- Red Card: team plays one player down for the rest of the match. Dismissed player may stay at field – if he/she behaves – Most likely comes with a suspension from the league
Playoffs: Will be roster checked, No subs. If game ends in a tie in playoffs, game goes straight to PKs, 4 per team
- Ref will do a coin toss/rock paper scissors- winner decides whether to kick first or second
- The spot the kick is taken varies by field- 10 steps/yards out
- If tied at the end of 4 kicks, teams go one-for-one, alternating until one team makes a goal and the other misses *Gender does not matter*
- All players, including the goalie, must kick before a player can take a 2nd shot
League wide policies:
- Teams without the minimum number of players will forfeit after 10 minutes from their designated start time
*Forfeit Rule*: All teams make the playoffs at the end of the season, unless you forfeit twice within the regular season.