SF Sailing League
Learn to Sail in San Francisco
Best Sailing Leagues in San Francisco
- A full Sailing team is 5. If you do not meet this minimum your team will be merged with free agents.
- A Captain must create a team and all the team members must “join” the team. The Captain can pay for everyone or you can split up the fee’s among team members.
- Yes! You can sign up together even if you do not have a full team!
- Have Captain “create team” & Note Estimated Players
- Teammates Join “team” (Before signup deadline)
- Once Registration is closed we will merge you with other small groups and free-agents
- Signing up as a solo player is the best way to meet people in Denver!
- We will place you with a small group and/or other free agents to form a full team after the registration closes.
- If you have a friend that decides to sign up just have them note to be put on the same team as you!
- For beginners: We provide the boat, the coach, and the race management team so that you and your friends can learn to sail and compete against each other in a fun, social, and safe atmosphere.
- How it works: You and four fellow sailors will be competing in 2-4 races every Saturday in the San Francisco Bay. You can expect to be on the water for about 2 hours per week.
- Training: Each racing team will be accompanied by a certified coach who will guide your team through the finer points of sailing.
- The course: Depending on the conditions, race management may decide to run races over different shaped courses around a number of large, inflatable markers. There will also be races around iconic Bay landmarks.
- The Finish: First across the line wins – it’s as simple as that! The winner of each race will be awarded 1 points, second 2, and so on. The lower your score the better your standing… like golf.
- Standings: Each week we will add up your points, and we will keep standings throughout the season which will be published weekly on the website.
- Team Size: Each team will consist of 5 team members (or crew as they say) per boat and one certified coach. The team minimum is 5, but you can have up to 8 people signed up for your team but only 5 team members can fit on the vessel at once. You may rotate on a weekly basis between different teammates if you wish.
- League Perks: Everyone will enjoy food and drink specials at the sponsor bar after sailing, as well as league shirts, an end-of-season party, and prizes for the winning team.
Players registered with SF Social enjoy player perks such as:
- Team T-Shirts
- End of Season Free Beer Party
- Special Sponsor Opportunities (see what can happen in our leagues!)
- Invitation to all Volo City Events
Post Game Social
We are known as the most social league in SF and that’s because we care about the bar experience!
What to expect at the bar
- Food & Drink Specials
- Dedicated space & reserved tables for your league
- League staff at the bar
- When possible, multiple sports will go to the same bar so you can meet lots of new people!