SF Sailing League
Learn to Sail in San Francisco
Learn to sail in the San Francisco Bay with SF Social! We provide the boat and the coach, so all you have to do is show up ready to have fun and learn a new skill. After 6 weeks spent honing your speed and finesse on the water, you’ll leave with new friends and maybe even a lifelong passion! You can also feel great about being a part of SF Social, because a portion of every registration fee goes to sponsoring free sports programming for kids from low-income families here in San Francisco.
(Beginner) The morning & afternoon session is perfect for first time sailors. The 6 week program will start with a learn to sail and slowly easy you into racing. Taking time for each person to try new positions onboard and focusing on fun and learning!
Limited spots available*
For beginners: We provide the boat, the coach, and the race management team so that you and your friends can learn to sail and compete against each other in a fun, social, and safe atmosphere.
How it works: You and four fellow sailors will be competing in 2-4 races every Saturday in the San Francisco Bay. You can expect to be on the water for about 2 hours per week.
Training: Each racing team will be accompanied by a certified coach who will guide your team through the finer points of sailing.
The course: Depending on the conditions, race management may decide to run races over different shaped courses around a number of large, inflatable markers. There will also be races around iconic Bay landmarks.
The Finish: First past the post wins – it’s as simple as that! The winner of each race will be awarded 5 points, second 4, and so on. The last race of each week counts for double points, putting the pressure on for a great finale!
Standings: Each week we will add up your points, and we will keep standings throughout the season which will be published weekly on the website.
How to Sign Up
- Minimum for a full team is 5 sailors. If you do not meet this minimum free agents will be added to your team.
- A captain must create a team and all the team members must join that team. The captain can pay for everyone or players can pay individually.
- Yes! You can sign up together even if you do not have a full team!
- Have Captain “create team” & Note Estimated Players
- Teammates Join “team” (Before registration deadline)
- Once Registration is closed we will merge you with other small groups and free-agents
SOLO / FREE AGENT
- Signing up as a solo player is the best way to meet people in San Francisco
- We will place you with a small group and/or other free agents to form a full team after the registration closes.
- If you have a friend that decides to sign up just have them note to be put on the same team as you!