SF Kickball League
After each kickball game you’ll face the same opponent in a flip cup match, which also counts in the standings!
Come kick it with us in one of San Francisco’s best kickball leagues! SF Social offers San Francisco kickball leagues throughout the week and weekends all over San Francisco. Play in a league close to home or work – leagues available in North Beach, Mission, Potrero Hill, Golden Gate Park & beyond! Join us at any of our incredible venues for a fun and exciting game of kickball.
Get your team together at popular locations such as Joe DiMaggio Park, Rikki Streicher, Jackson Playground & more!
Social is part of our name and we strive to make it a big part of our San Francisco kickball leagues. We encourage you to come out to one of our various locations, play some kickball and meet new people. After your game, head over to the sponsor bar to play your opponent in flip cup! Take advantage of the drink specials and post-game celebrations.
Upcoming Kickball Leagues in San Francisco
How to Sign Up
- Minimum for a full kickball team is 15 players. If you do not meet this minimum free agents will be added to your team.
- The captain creates a team and teammates “join” the team. The captain can pay for everyone or players can pay individually.
- You can sign up with friends even if you do not have a full team!
- The captain should click “create team” & note estimated players.
- Teammates join that “team.”
- Once registration is closed, we will combine your group with other small groups and free-agents.
- Signing up as a free agent is the best way to meet people in San Francisco!
- We will place you with a small group and/or other free agents to form a full team after registration closes.
- If you have a friend that decides to sign up just have them note to be put on the same team as you!
SF Social Kickball FAQ
What can I expect at an SF Social kickball league?
A premiere, FUN experience! Plan to arrive at the field 10-15 minutes before game time to meet up with your teammates and get ready to play in your SF Social kickball league. Make sure you pencil us in for at least 45-minutes or 6 innings, whichever come first. Once your game ends, the night is just beginning. Head to your sponsor bar to play your opponent in flip cup, take advantage of the player drink specials and socialize with your fellow kickball players.
How competitive are the kickball leagues?
We’re all about being social here at SF Social! SF Social kickball leagues are all about having a good time and meeting new people. Shoot us an email if you have questions!
How many people do I need for a full kickball team?
A full kickball team consists of 15 players minimum. If you and your crew don’t have a full roster, we’ll merge you with another small group. FYI – merged teams generally have extra players to protect against forfeits. If you’d like to make sure you have a larger or smaller team, you can register as a prepaid team which allows you determine the amount of players on your team.
How much does it cost to join SF Social kickball?
You can expect your SF Social kickball league to be anywhere from $85-$105 per player for the entire season. Registration fees are dependent on location and day of the week, so be sure to check the league details carefully. After you sign up, everything else is taken care of for you. Your registration includes league shirt, referees, venue costs, insurance, equipment, prizes, league management and so much more!
Don’t forget, when you sign up with SF Social, your league registration helps provide free youth sports programs in San Francisco through the Volo City Kids Foundation. #playwithpurpose
What are the SF Social gender requirements for kickball?
There will be a max of 8 players on the field at a time (including the catcher!) and 2 must be female. The minimum to begin a game is 6 players, 2 of which must be female.
SF Social Kickball Rules
Basic Rules – 11 v 11 including catcher
- Rule number one – Be nice!
- Minimum 6 players, 2 females to play
- 8 males max on the field at all times
- Kickball wins are worth 2 points, flip cup wins are worth 1 point
- Playoff seeding is based on TOTAL POINTS from the season
- 1 bunt per inning – every bunt after counts as a foul ball
- Bunt: A bunt is defined through intention of the hitter by the ref (typically if a kick is a full swing or not)
- NO leading off or stealing bases
- Sliding is allowed at the ref’s discretion – any slide that results in excessive contact with defensive player will result in the runner being out
- You can throw the ball at base runners, but no head shots
- Head shots will result in a dead ball and all players will be safe
- All pitches must be rolled underhand (no spin or bounce)
- The ref may ask you to switch your pitcher if they’re not following this rule
- 3 fouls is considered an out – NO STRIKES OR BALLS
- No more than 3 males can kick in a row
- Females can kick multiple times within kicking order to have 3-1 ratio; MUST bat in order in regards to other females
- NO infield fly rule
- Tagging up happens as soon as the ball is caught
- One base is given to the runner on an overthrow that travels out of play at the referee’s discretion
- Ground rule doubles dependent on field space
- If base is blocked by defensive team, runner is awarded the base
- 6 innings in a game unless we hit 40 min warning
- Both teams will be warned & the start of the next inning will be the final inning
- Mercy Rule (lessens the chance of having blowouts early in the game)
- Max. 5 runs can be scored per inning, except the last inning when there is no limit
- Games can end in a tie during the regular season
- The losing team will always kick first at the beginning of the last inning
- If the losing teams bats last in the prior inning, upon receiving three outs, they will remove all runners from bases and start over with zero outs (as if the opposing team had been at bat in between)
- Teams without the minimum number of players 10 minutes after the scheduled start time forfeit the game
- During playoffs: teams must submit a written kicking order before the start of the game and IDs will be checked for all players to ensure they are on the roster
Forfeit Rule: All teams make the playoffs at the end of the season (hooray!), unless you forfeit twice within the regular season.
- 11 v. 11 Coed (maximum 7 males)
- 7 Innings or 45 Minutes
- Kickball Win = 2 Points
- Flip Cup Win = 1 Point
- Pitcher Coupon every week
- Flip Cup Match Best of 7
- Click here for a full list of rules
Players registered with SF Social enjoy player perks such as:
- Team T-Shirts
- End of Season Free Beer Party
- Special Sponsor Opportunities (see what can happen in our leagues!)
- Invitation to all Volo City Events
Post Game Social
We are known as the most social league in SF and that’s because we care about the bar experience!
What to expect at the bar
- Food & Drink Specials
- Dedicated space & reserved tables for your league
- League staff at the bar
- When possible, multiple sports will go to the same bar so you can meet lots of new people!